Tuesday 2 January 2018

My Confession

I have something to confess to all of you. Besides eczema that it's getting better by the day (Thank goodness), I have a problem where I have the urge to pull my hair. A disorder is known as Trichotillomania.

Trichotillomania, also called hair-pulling disorder, is a mental disorder that involves recurrent, irresistible urges to pull out hair from your scalp, eyebrows or other areas of your body, despite trying to stop.

Hair pulling from the scalp often leaves patchy bald spots, which causes significant distress and can interfere with social or work functioning. People with trichotillomania may go to great lengths to disguise the loss of hair.

For some people, trichotillomania may be mild and generally manageable. For others, the compulsive urge to pull hair is overwhelming.

Such as for me, I find a sense of satisfaction by pulling a hair or even just seeing a successful pull with a full follicle.

To know more see the video below:


To some people, I may look like a nuisance especially because I'll be leaving hair all over my room and everywhere I go. But I tried my best to clean it all up. Fortunate for me for wearing a hijab so I can hide my disorder. But one day, I hope I can stop this disorder occurring so it doesn't affect my social life.

No comments:

Post a Comment